Archway Professional Catherine Muse and Carl Vinson Institute of Government Public Service Assistant Alex Daman worked with Candler County government officials to complete a comprehensive job classification and compensation plan, requested by Candler County commissioners to bolster recruitment efforts and offer competitive salaries and compensation packages for current employees. If adopted, all salary and classifications changes will be incorporated into the 2017-2018 fiscal year budget. This has been an important collaborative initiative for the county as it works to evaluate its hiring, recruitment, and retention practices in comparison to competing surrounding counties. The new plan should help Candler County better attract and retain potential employees.
- UGA, food bank partnership promotes healthy eating
- Hands-on course prepares UGA Extension agents to share health benefits of Georgia seafood
- UGA professor studies college access in two Archway Partnership communities
- UGA’s Carl Vinson Institute of Government helps elected officials succeed
- From chaos to calm: a UGA VISTA brings programs and engaged teens to the Athens library
- Financing Solution and Strategic Planning Support Rapid Growth of Covington Business