Archway Professional Catherine Muse and Carl Vinson Institute of Government Public Service Assistant Alex Daman worked with Candler County government officials to complete a comprehensive job classification and compensation plan, requested by Candler County commissioners to bolster recruitment efforts and offer competitive salaries and compensation packages for current employees. If adopted, all salary and classifications changes will be incorporated into the 2017-2018 fiscal year budget. This has been an important collaborative initiative for the county as it works to evaluate its hiring, recruitment, and retention practices in comparison to competing surrounding counties. The new plan should help Candler County better attract and retain potential employees.
- Fanning Institute introduces new elementary school leadership curriculum
- Atlanta gelato business turns to UGA Small Business Development Center for expansion assistance
- Pulaski County: L.I.F.E. League visits University of Georgia
- UGA Small Business Development Center named July 2017 Nonprofit of the Month
- Freshmen get a jump on experiential learning before their first semester
- Annual tour introduces new UGA faculty to the state’s diverse economy