Archway Professional Catherine Muse and Carl Vinson Institute of Government Public Service Assistant Alex Daman worked with Candler County government officials to complete a comprehensive job classification and compensation plan, requested by Candler County commissioners to bolster recruitment efforts and offer competitive salaries and compensation packages for current employees. If adopted, all salary and classifications changes will be incorporated into the 2017-2018 fiscal year budget. This has been an important collaborative initiative for the county as it works to evaluate its hiring, recruitment, and retention practices in comparison to competing surrounding counties. The new plan should help Candler County better attract and retain potential employees.
- An interdisciplinary collaboration at UGA’s State Botanical Garden highlights local music
- Veteran city leaders and newly elected officials from Jackson County participate in municipal government training at UGA
- Veteran city attorney and freshman elected official sharpen skills at UGA governmental training
- Veteran city leaders and newly elected officials from Hall County take part in municipal government training at UGA
- Incoming city leaders gain critical knowledge through UGA training partnership
- Decorative steel arch will be a focal point of the Alice H. Richards Children’s Garden