Archway Professional Catherine Muse and Carl Vinson Institute of Government Public Service Assistant Alex Daman worked with Candler County government officials to complete a comprehensive job classification and compensation plan, requested by Candler County commissioners to bolster recruitment efforts and offer competitive salaries and compensation packages for current employees. If adopted, all salary and classifications changes will be incorporated into the 2017-2018 fiscal year budget. This has been an important collaborative initiative for the county as it works to evaluate its hiring, recruitment, and retention practices in comparison to competing surrounding counties. The new plan should help Candler County better attract and retain potential employees.
- College and career center hosts grand opening in Grady County
- UGA-assisted media company submits first feature film to Sundance Festival
- Honey from southwest Georgia in stores across U.S., thanks to SBDC and federal loan
- First Georgia Certified Economic Developer from Walker County
- During Irma PSO units come to the aid of displaced families and homebound older adults
- New class begins UGA Public Service and Outreach leadership academy