The Carl Vinson Institute of Government will provide technical assistance in fiscal year 2018 for workforce development initiatives by the Georgia Department of Education’s Career, Technical and Agricultural Education Division (CTAE). The institute will provide technical assistance to education department staff who are implementing the Economic Development Partnership program, support a strategic planning process and facilitate a staff retreat. The contract also includes helping to plan and facilitate six regional CTAE economic development workshops in September and October to explore effective ways of delivering critical workforce skills training. The institute provided similar services for the Department of Education last year as well.
- UGA studies potential partnerships with industry to engage more students in STEM fields
- UGA students design proposals for landscape revitalization at church in Athens
- UGA installs first large-scale green infrastructure project in Brunswick
- Summer service project benefits rural Georgia communities and UGA students
- Governor honors UGA’s Certified Public Manager graduates
- UGA hires longtime economic developer to steer rural initiatives