The Institute of Government presented an innovative new student recruitment tool to the University System of Georgia (USG) Board of Regents in May. The interactive tool, on the USG data portal, allows public colleges and universities around the state to access and analyze critical information about potential college freshmen from Georgia’s public high schools. The institute developed the tool through its partnership with the USG office to help increase enrollment. Using the tool helps institutions identify and recruit high school students who might otherwise defer enrollment and enter the workforce. Students are identified by location, HOPE eligibility, financial need and other parameters.
- College and career center hosts grand opening in Grady County
- UGA-assisted media company submits first feature film to Sundance Festival
- Honey from southwest Georgia in stores across U.S., thanks to SBDC and federal loan
- First Georgia Certified Economic Developer from Walker County
- During Irma PSO units come to the aid of displaced families and homebound older adults
- New class begins UGA Public Service and Outreach leadership academy