The Institute of Government presented an innovative new student recruitment tool to the University System of Georgia (USG) Board of Regents in May. The interactive tool, on the USG data portal, allows public colleges and universities around the state to access and analyze critical information about potential college freshmen from Georgia’s public high schools. The institute developed the tool through its partnership with the USG office to help increase enrollment. Using the tool helps institutions identify and recruit high school students who might otherwise defer enrollment and enter the workforce. Students are identified by location, HOPE eligibility, financial need and other parameters.
- An interdisciplinary collaboration at UGA’s State Botanical Garden highlights local music
- Veteran city leaders and newly elected officials from Jackson County participate in municipal government training at UGA
- Veteran city attorney and freshman elected official sharpen skills at UGA governmental training
- Veteran city leaders and newly elected officials from Hall County take part in municipal government training at UGA
- Incoming city leaders gain critical knowledge through UGA training partnership
- Decorative steel arch will be a focal point of the Alice H. Richards Children’s Garden