PSO Graduate Assistantship Program
The PSO Graduate Assistantship Program provides UGA graduate students with expanded opportunities for engaging in research, and public service and outreach endeavors while contributing to UGA’s goal of enhancing graduate education.
For additional information on the Graduate Assistantship Program, contact Bridget Teskey, Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Outreach, at email@example.com or (706) 542-6045.
The purpose of the PSO Graduate Assistantship Program is to increase the number of graduate assistantships in the PSO units, and to give UGA graduate students expanded opportunities for engaging in research, and public service and outreach endeavors.
PSO Graduate Assistantship opportunities are open to those students who are currently or will be enrolled in the Graduate School in a degree seeking status for the 2017-18 academic year.
- Please familiarize yourself with the PSO units and their focus areas.
- A list of all PSO units can be found here.
- Students should apply to the PSO unit that best fits their graduate research topic.
- To be considered for the program, complete the information below and submit these items to the PSO unit in which the student feels best matches their research topic.
- Application >>
- Cover Letter
- Updated Resume
PSO Unit Directors
- All proposals must originate from PSO Unit Directors
- Proposals must include:
- The purpose of the assistantship and the anticipated impact on the unit’s core mission, the student’s academic experience, and the target community/clients served.
- Background of the student (i.e. academic unit, program of study, student ID number, if the student holds an assistantship elsewhere on campus, whether the student pays in-state or out-of-state tuition), or a description of the program-of-work for a student.
- Indicate whether the assistantship would be
- Masters or Doctoral level
- Academic Year or Fiscal Year
- 1/3 time or 1/2 time
For 2016 – 2017 academic year proposals, the deadline is Friday, March 10, 2017.
For the PSO Graduate Assistantship Program, funds to support a graduate assistantship in a PSO unit are managed from the vice president’s office in coordination with the PSO unit’s director and financial administrator.
Contact Bridget Teskey, Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 542-6167.