PSO Graduate Assistantship Program
The Public Service and Outreach (PSO) Graduate Assistantship Program provides UGA graduate students with expanded opportunities for engaging in research, and public service and outreach endeavors while contributing to UGA’s goal of enhancing graduate education.
The purpose of the PSO Graduate Assistantship Program is to increase the number of graduate assistantships in the PSO units, and to give UGA graduate students expanded opportunities for engaging in research, and public service and outreach endeavors.
PSO Graduate Assistantship opportunities are open to those students who are currently or will be enrolled in the Graduate School in a degree seeking status for the 2018-2019 academic year. A graduate student’s course of study and expertise should align with current programs and initiatives of PSO units.
To be considered by a PSO Unit for this assistantship program, Graduate Students must submit Application of Interest by Friday, March 9, 2018. See process below.
- Familiarize yourself with the PSO units and their focus areas to determine if your academic background or course of study may complement missions and priorities.
- A list of all PSO units can be found here. Students should apply to the PSO unit that best fits their graduate research topic.
- To be considered for the program assistantship for the 2018-19 academic year, complete the initial application of interest, which includes a cover letter and updated resume or curriculum vitae.
- Deadline to submit application of interest for 2018-19 academic year proposals is Friday, March 9, 2018.
- After your application is submitted you may be contacted for an interview by the PSO unit to determine match and submission of proposal to the Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Outreach for possible funding of a 2018-19 academic year assistantship.
PSO Unit Directors
Proposals for requested assistantships must originate from a PSO unit director and include the following sections:
- The purpose of the assistantship and the anticipated impact on the unit’s core mission, relevance to the student’s academic experience or background, and the target community/clients served.
- Background of the student (i.e. academic unit, program of study, student ID number, if the student holds an assistantship elsewhere on campus, whether the student pays in-state or out-of-state tuition), or a description of the program-of-work for a student.
- Indicate whether the assistantship would be masters or doctoral level
- Indicate whether the assistantship is academic year or fiscal year
- Indicate whether the assistantship is 1/3 time or 1/2 time
For the PSO Graduate Assistantship Program, funds to support a graduate assistantship in a PSO unit are managed by the Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Outreach in coordination with the PSO unit’s director and financial administrator.
For questions regarding submission of the Application of Interest, specifically the fit between your course of study/qualifications and PSO unit, review the PSO Unit web-site for its mission and programs and/or contact the PSO Unit representative.
For question regarding the overall process contact the Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Outreach at email@example.com (706) 542-6167.