The most recent data from the UGA Small Business Development Center (SBDC) annual economic impact study indicates that SBDC clients experienced annual sales growth of 12.0 percent, while the average Georgia business experienced sales growth of 5.5 percent. Employment for SBDC clients grew 15.5 percent, while the average Georgia business had employment growth of 2.9 percent. Over the past five years SBDC clients started 1,626 new businesses, created 12,472 new jobs, raised debt and equity capital of $673 million and generated $10.3 billion in sales.
- UGA, food bank partnership promotes healthy eating
- Hands-on course prepares UGA Extension agents to share health benefits of Georgia seafood
- UGA professor studies college access in two Archway Partnership communities
- UGA’s Carl Vinson Institute of Government helps elected officials succeed
- From chaos to calm: a UGA VISTA brings programs and engaged teens to the Athens library
- Financing Solution and Strategic Planning Support Rapid Growth of Covington Business