The most recent data from the UGA Small Business Development Center (SBDC) annual economic impact study indicates that SBDC clients experienced annual sales growth of 12.0 percent, while the average Georgia business experienced sales growth of 5.5 percent. Employment for SBDC clients grew 15.5 percent, while the average Georgia business had employment growth of 2.9 percent. Over the past five years SBDC clients started 1,626 new businesses, created 12,472 new jobs, raised debt and equity capital of $673 million and generated $10.3 billion in sales.
- UGA partners with Goodwill to help local entrepreneurs start new businesses
- Long-time volunteer helps State Botanical Garden and partners conserve endangered native species
- UGA writing program brings elementary students to campus, helps build confidence
- UGA, Fanning Institute host inaugural Embark Georgia Leadership Conference
- State Botanical Garden of Georgia celebrates National Public Gardens Day
- Hawkinsville teenager uses leadership skills to mentor middle school girls