The most recent data from the UGA Small Business Development Center (SBDC) annual economic impact study indicates that SBDC clients experienced annual sales growth of 12.0 percent, while the average Georgia business experienced sales growth of 5.5 percent. Employment for SBDC clients grew 15.5 percent, while the average Georgia business had employment growth of 2.9 percent. Over the past five years SBDC clients started 1,626 new businesses, created 12,472 new jobs, raised debt and equity capital of $673 million and generated $10.3 billion in sales.
- Georgia celebrates small businesses
- Middle school gardens grow, with some help from UGA
- Summit draws community leaders to Athens to discuss Archway
- Finance and marketing assistance put tour operator on the path to rapid growth
- Service-learning course meeting at Center for Native Plant Studies
- State Road and Tollway Authority to get management training