The most recent data from the UGA Small Business Development Center (SBDC) annual economic impact study indicates that SBDC clients experienced annual sales growth of 12.0 percent, while the average Georgia business experienced sales growth of 5.5 percent. Employment for SBDC clients grew 15.5 percent, while the average Georgia business had employment growth of 2.9 percent. Over the past five years SBDC clients started 1,626 new businesses, created 12,472 new jobs, raised debt and equity capital of $673 million and generated $10.3 billion in sales.
- Through the Archway Partnership, UGA addresses critical healthcare needs in rural communities
- Leadership development helping build a stronger, more united south Georgia
- Renaissance Town
- UGA outreach program helps farmers build a better business
- UGA student helps rural women find resources to improve maternal health
- Economic developer training at UGA gives Georgia advantage in attracting new industry