The most recent data from the UGA Small Business Development Center (SBDC) annual economic impact study indicates that SBDC clients experienced annual sales growth of 12.0 percent, while the average Georgia business experienced sales growth of 5.5 percent. Employment for SBDC clients grew 15.5 percent, while the average Georgia business had employment growth of 2.9 percent. Over the past five years SBDC clients started 1,626 new businesses, created 12,472 new jobs, raised debt and equity capital of $673 million and generated $10.3 billion in sales.
- Public Service and Outreach Awards launch Honor’s Week
- UGA hosts conference for national leaders in government training
- Stockbridge business grows after achieving government certification
- In career and in retirement, SBDC employee gives to UGA
- Garden celebrates its 50th anniversary with flame azalea exhibit
- University of Georgia celebrates 70th annual Georgia Science and Engineering Fair