The most recent data from the UGA Small Business Development Center (SBDC) annual economic impact study indicates that SBDC clients experienced annual sales growth of 12.0 percent, while the average Georgia business experienced sales growth of 5.5 percent. Employment for SBDC clients grew 15.5 percent, while the average Georgia business had employment growth of 2.9 percent. Over the past five years SBDC clients started 1,626 new businesses, created 12,472 new jobs, raised debt and equity capital of $673 million and generated $10.3 billion in sales.
- UGA students compete to “Raise the Dough” for local hunger relief
- Inaugural cohort of Experience UGA ambassadors selected
- CED students continue improvements to Athens library
- Student researcher works through State Botanical Garden to repopulate habitat for monarch butterflies
- Georgia Center for Continuing Education announces new weekend program for youth
- Improved financial projections point Savannah BBQ owner to rapid growth