The National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) has reached out to SBDC Medical Practice Management Program Director Jeff Sanford to teach the association’s ownership workshops. The program involves content related to business plan development, business valuation and financial analysis. These programs are offered in Nashville, Newark, and Orlando. The NCPA represents the interests of America’s community pharmacists, including the owners of more than 22,000 independent community pharmacies. Together they represent an $81.5 billion health care marketplace and employ more than 250,000 individuals on a full or part-time basis. The SBDC has developed a reputation as a resource based on its work providing business training for pharmacists in partnership with the UGA College of Pharmacy.
- UGA partners with Goodwill to help local entrepreneurs start new businesses
- Long-time volunteer helps State Botanical Garden and partners conserve endangered native species
- UGA writing program brings elementary students to campus, helps build confidence
- UGA, Fanning Institute host inaugural Embark Georgia Leadership Conference
- State Botanical Garden of Georgia celebrates National Public Gardens Day
- Hawkinsville teenager uses leadership skills to mentor middle school girls