The UGA Small Business Development Office’s Office of Minority Business Development is collaborating with the College of Family and Consumer Sciences’ Cooperative Extension program to offer the SBDC’s Hispanic Entrepreneurial Series program to a group of 20 daycare owners in Gwinnett County. The program will occur over two full days and cover the topics of financial accounting, business planning, taxes, marketing and digital marketing. The Childcare Providers Association and the Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs (ACE) Women’s Business Center will also be supporting the program. Dates are yet to be determined, but the program is expected to take place in June.
- College and career center hosts grand opening in Grady County
- UGA-assisted media company submits first feature film to Sundance Festival
- Honey from southwest Georgia in stores across U.S., thanks to SBDC and federal loan
- First Georgia Certified Economic Developer from Walker County
- During Irma PSO units come to the aid of displaced families and homebound older adults
- New class begins UGA Public Service and Outreach leadership academy