In September, the Carl Vinson Institute of Government launched a partnership with the Georgia Department of Education’s Career, Technical and Agricultural Education (CTAE) division to strengthen workforce development programs in school districts throughout the state. Through the project, institute faculty and staff are facilitating six economic development meetings between business leaders and educators to share information about workforce training needs. The institute will also develop a training program for CTAE advisory boards and help establish the groundwork for an economic development certificate program for Georgia school systems.
- Inaugural Bobbi Meeler Sahm Service and Outreach awards benefit town-gown partnerships
- UGA’s Archway Partnership wins regional award for outreach
- Campers get hands-on career education experiences through UGA’s Summer Academy
- Atlanta industry funds engineering summer camp at UGA for minority students
- UGA will feed more local residents this fall with Campus Kitchen on wheels
- UGA new faculty get a tour of the state