The Carl Vinson Institute of Government will provide technical assistance in fiscal year 2018 for workforce development initiatives by the Georgia Department of Education’s Career, Technical and Agricultural Education Division (CTAE). The institute will provide technical assistance to education department staff who are implementing the Economic Development Partnership program, support a strategic planning process and facilitate a staff retreat. The contract also includes helping to plan and facilitate six regional CTAE economic development workshops in September and October to explore effective ways of delivering critical workforce skills training. The institute provided similar services for the Department of Education last year as well.
- Commitment to historic land preservation and education earns national award for UGA donors
- UGA uncorks north Georgia’s ripening wine industry
- Three faculty members complete Public Service and Outreach Fellowship
- 2017-2018 Faculty Fellows
- UGA Public Service and Outreach graduates 16 from leadership academy
- Stop and smell the native roses: UGA student creates coloring book for botanical garden