The Carl Vinson Institute of Government will provide technical assistance in fiscal year 2018 for workforce development initiatives by the Georgia Department of Education’s Career, Technical and Agricultural Education Division (CTAE). The institute will provide technical assistance to education department staff who are implementing the Economic Development Partnership program, support a strategic planning process and facilitate a staff retreat. The contract also includes helping to plan and facilitate six regional CTAE economic development workshops in September and October to explore effective ways of delivering critical workforce skills training. The institute provided similar services for the Department of Education last year as well.
- Through the Archway Partnership, UGA addresses critical healthcare needs in rural communities
- Leadership development helping build a stronger, more united south Georgia
- Renaissance Town
- UGA outreach program helps farmers build a better business
- UGA student helps rural women find resources to improve maternal health
- Economic developer training at UGA gives Georgia advantage in attracting new industry