The J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development is collaborating with the UGA College of Public Health and the UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences to help Calhoun and Taliaferro counties strengthen and increase community-wide efforts for healthier eating and physical activity. The project, known as Healthier Together Calhoun and Healthier Together Taliaferro, is a two-year initiative funded by the Centers for Disease Control. Guided by coalitions of community leaders representing the nonprofit, government, and business sectors, each county held its first work meeting in December 2016. Fanning faculty members are helping form cross sector coalitions and work groups, provide education and training on collective impact approaches, and facilitate the development of collaborative action plans for each county.
- UGA academic, outreach faculty get funding to address rural issues
- Inaugural Bobbi Meeler Sahm Service and Outreach awards benefit town-gown partnerships
- UGA’s Archway Partnership wins regional award for outreach
- Campers get hands-on career education experiences through UGA’s Summer Academy
- Atlanta industry funds engineering summer camp at UGA for minority students
- UGA will feed more local residents this fall with Campus Kitchen on wheels