Athens, Ga. – The State Botanical Garden of Georgia will join communities throughout the country in celebration of National Public Gardens Day on May 8. Presented by the American Public Gardens Association (APGA), this annual day of awareness invites communities nationwide to explore the diversity of local green spaces and take advantage of conservation, education and environmental preservation resources provided by public gardens.
The State Botanical Garden of Georgia will be participating by offering:
- Live music and garden tours: 12-1 p.m., Visitor Center and Conservatory
- Tours of the Cecil B. Day Chapel: 12-1 p.m.
- Free gift with purchase at the Garden Gift Shop: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Free cookie with purchase at Donderos’ Kitchen: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Drawing for tickets to two Sunflower Concert Series: 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., front desk (winner will be announced at 5 p.m.)
The 2015 National Public Gardens Day will be celebrated by more than 550 North American botanic gardens, arboreta, museums, zoos and entertainment gardens with special events, tours and activities. National Public Gardens Day was created to drive local and national exposure to the importance of building sustainable environments through plant and water conservation, education and community engagement.
For more information on National Public Gardens Day, visit www.nationalpublicgardensday.org.