UGA Public Service and Outreach
enhances quality of life in Georgia by applying the knowledge of the university to the state’s evolving economic, social and community needs.
Public Service and Outreach Units
UGA is a national leader in university outreach with faculty, staff and students in all of UGA’s schools and colleges contributing to Georgia’s short- and long-term prosperity. In addition, eight Public Service and Outreach units focus specifically on serving Georgia.
Archway Partnership helps communities across the state address critical locally-identified challenges.
Center for Continuing Education & Hotel offers continuing education programs to adults and youth and operates a full service conference center with hotel.
J. W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development provides leadership training to communities, youth and nonprofits.
Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant work with coastal communities to address the critical challenges of sea level rise.
Office of Service-Learning provides experiential learning opportunities that benefit the Athens-Clarke County community.
Small Business Development Center faculty help launch and grow businesses through 18 regional offices.
Public Service & Outreach News
- PSO Employee Spotlight: Charlie Bauder
- Nominations open for new statewide youth leadership program
- UGA creates Workforce Planning Guide to help communities tackle local challenges amidst pandemic, recovery
- Ice cream store grows into sweet success with guidance from the University of Georgia SBDC
- UGA planting the seeds for community engagement through partnerships