UGA Public Service and Outreach
enhances quality of life in Georgia by applying the knowledge of the university to the state’s evolving economic, social and community needs.
Public Service and Outreach Units
UGA is a national leader in university outreach with faculty, staff and students in all of UGA’s schools and colleges contributing to Georgia’s short- and long-term prosperity. In addition, eight Public Service and Outreach units focus specifically on serving Georgia.
Archway Partnership helps communities across the state address critical locally-identified challenges.
Center for Continuing Education & Hotel offers continuing education programs to adults and youth and operates a full service conference center with hotel.
J. W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development provides leadership training to communities, youth and nonprofits.
Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant work with coastal communities to address the critical challenges of sea level rise.
Office of Service-Learning provides experiential learning opportunities that benefit the Athens-Clarke County community.
Small Business Development Center faculty help launch and grow businesses through 18 regional offices.
Public Service & Outreach News
- Apparel brand manages growth with help of the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center
- UGA SBDC partners with southeastern universities to bring business education programs to rural communities with support from SBA grant
- UGA partnership with Department of Defense gets $5 million boost
- UGA Archway Partnership community takes home Visionary City Award
- UGA economic impact hits new high of $8.1 billion