UGA Public Service and Outreach
enhances quality of life in Georgia by applying the knowledge of the university to the state’s evolving economic, social and community needs.
Public Service and Outreach Units
UGA is a national leader in university outreach with faculty, staff and students in all of UGA’s schools and colleges contributing to Georgia’s short- and long-term prosperity. In addition, eight Public Service and Outreach units focus specifically on serving Georgia.
Archway Partnership helps communities across the state address critical locally-identified challenges.
Center for Continuing Education & Hotel offers continuing education programs to adults and youth and operates a full service conference center with hotel.
J. W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development provides leadership training to communities, youth and nonprofits.
Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant work with coastal communities to address the critical challenges of sea level rise.
Office of Service-Learning provides experiential learning opportunities that benefit the Athens-Clarke County community.
Small Business Development Center faculty help launch and grow businesses through 18 regional offices.
Public Service & Outreach News
- UGA welcomes new Archway Partnership™ community
- Winter WonderLights coming to UGA’s State Botanical Garden for the third year
- UGA leads efforts for visionary plan for military and community partnership
- UGA provides McDuffie tools to construct leadership pipeline
- UGA provides AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates an unforgettable summer helping Athens residents