The J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development and the Carl Vinson Institute of Government have partnered to provide leadership and governance training to more than 250 parents, teachers and community members this month as part of the new charter system’s Local School Governance Team requirements. Eight training modules will be delivered over the next several months with the purpose of developing effective governance teams for each of Clarke County’s 21 schools. The first sessions focused on helping participants understand their roles and responsibilities as governance team members, differentiating between governance and management tasks, and how to hold effective meetings.
- Education department engages Institute of Goverment to continue workforce development assistance
- UGA breaks ground on new learning environment for children at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia
- The Sherpa Executive Coaching program at UGA’s Center for Continuing Education draws students from across the globe
- Hart County career academy’s program informed by Institute of Government strategic plan
- Georgia’s small business person of the year sees significant growth with UGA assistance
- Getting buggy at the Botanical Garden’s 12th Annual Johnstone Lecture