The J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development and the Carl Vinson Institute of Government have partnered to provide leadership and governance training to more than 250 parents, teachers and community members this month as part of the new charter system’s Local School Governance Team requirements. Eight training modules will be delivered over the next several months with the purpose of developing effective governance teams for each of Clarke County’s 21 schools. The first sessions focused on helping participants understand their roles and responsibilities as governance team members, differentiating between governance and management tasks, and how to hold effective meetings.
- Public Service and Outreach Awards launch Honor’s Week
- UGA hosts conference for national leaders in government training
- Stockbridge business grows after achieving government certification
- In career and in retirement, SBDC employee gives to UGA
- Garden celebrates its 50th anniversary with flame azalea exhibit
- University of Georgia celebrates 70th annual Georgia Science and Engineering Fair