The Georgia Shore Program, coordinated by Mare Timmons, a marine biologist with UGA Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant, was awarded $57,904 from Improving Teacher Quality to fund the summer graduate/teacher course. Teachers and UGA science education graduate students from the state of Georgia will spend two weeks at UGA Marine Education Center and Aquarium on Skidaway Island in June, learning about research on the Georgia coast. Participants also will develop their own coastal research projects.
- Inaugural Bobbi Meeler Sahm Service and Outreach awards benefit town-gown partnerships
- UGA’s Archway Partnership wins regional award for outreach
- Campers get hands-on career education experiences through UGA’s Summer Academy
- Atlanta industry funds engineering summer camp at UGA for minority students
- UGA will feed more local residents this fall with Campus Kitchen on wheels
- UGA new faculty get a tour of the state